What Information do we collect?
We collect Personal Information from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Baikal Smart Travel website. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use the Baikal Smart Travel website (e.g. your name, contact details and any information which you add typing message to us or writing a comment on post;
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact with us on social media);
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages or posts you viewed). We may also collect information about the device you use to access the Baikal Smart Travel website.
- Other information necessary to provide the Baikal Smart Travel website, for example we may access your location via Google Analytics.
We also receive Personal Information about you from third parties, such as information provided by:
- social media platforms where you have registered for an account with us using your social media account;
We may combine the information collected via the Baikal Smart Travel website with information we collect from you offline, for the purposes of better understanding our customers and visitors and to improve our service, as well as for security purposes.
How do we use Personal Information?
Depending on how you use the Baikal Smart Travel website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your Personal Information include:
- To improve and maintain the Baikal Smart Travel website, and monitor their usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for your opinions and comments.
- To answer you on your messages via email
- For security purposes
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your Personal Information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have written a message to us, we use your email to reply).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a message). You are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Because it is in our legitimate interests in operating our business, and to promote the Website. For example, we are always seeking to engage more with our customers and users of the Baikal Smart Travel website, and we use information about you to tailor your view of the Baikal Smart Travel website (and the messages we send to you) to make them more relevant to you. We also combine information we collect about you with aggregated information about our customers, to increase our understanding of our customers and to promote the Website.
How do we use your Personal Information for marketing & advertising?
Depending on your marketing preferences, Baikal Smart Travel may use your Personal Information to send you marketing messages via email.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us via any of the methods given in the ‘Contact us’ section at the end of this Policy.
Who do we share this Personal Information with?
We share Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may provide your email address to a third party if the services they provide meet the requirements you have informed us of.
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where is your Personal Information stored, and how long is it kept?
Our servers are located in the Russian Federation. We will keep your Personal Information as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us and the nature of the Personal Information. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you for as long as it may necessary. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we delete the relevant information.
How do we protect information?
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessed when necessary. A limited number of people have special access rights to such systems and they are required to keep the information confidential.
Whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your Personal Information, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet.
Third party links
The Baikal Smart Travel website may include links to websites operated by third parties. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content or activities of these linked sites. However, we do seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work) by email.
Your rights regarding your Personal Information
You have certain rights in respect of your Personal Information, including the right to access, correct, restrict, and request the erasure of your Personal Information.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your Personal Information, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your Personal Information, you should contact us using the details below.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com or add your wishes sending comments to posts.
Changes of our Policy
What are cookies?
Like other websites, information and data on the Baikal Smart Travel website may be automatically collected through cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that a website can use to recognise repeat users. Cookies (and technologies like them) allow us to understand how our visitors navigate the Baikal Smart Travel website on each visit and remember you if you return to a Baikal Smart Travel website. We use this information to improve the Baikal Smart Travel website, tailor their contents, and to target appropriate advertising.
What types of cookies do we use?
On the Baikal Smart Travel website, we use the following types of cookies:
- Functionality cookies: These cookies enhance the functionality of the website by storing your preferences. For instance, they can remember your name or nickname, if you provide this information.
- Performance cookies: These cookies improve the performance of the website. For instance, they help pages load quicker.
What Cookies do we use on the Baikal Smart Travel website?